October 20, 2009
Two disc Halloween compilation released by Sub-Bombin artist Ghoul Poon. Consisting solely of musicians from the capitol region of New York!
GHOUL POON PRESENTS – DO THE FRIGHT THING – VOLUME TWO
1. WDIE FM (Intro) – Lofi Lobo
2. Theory of Witches – Machete
3. Sparkle Mag – Todd is New Each Moment
4. Voodoo – Oddy Gato
5. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
6. Heartless Vampire – Ghoul Poon
7. Apart at the Seams – Nursing Home Discoveries
8. Beautiful Funeral – Eraserheadz
9. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
10. Cut (Up Some Sheets) – Grady Stiles
11. Off With His Head – Barons in the Attic
12. American Lobotomy – Charlie Don’t Surf
13. I Go Out at Night – Black Andy
14. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
15. Head Crack – Pete Pluto and GM
16. Lights Off – The Boston Celtics
17. Touch the Sky – Tobiaz
18. Return of the Ghost – Asa Morris
19. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
20. Candybars and Razorblades – Oz Alone
21. Sarcoughagus – Skeletons in the Piano
22. Power Slut – Grab Ass Cowboys
23. Barnabas Collins – Motel
24. WDIE FM (Outro) – Lofi Lobo
GHOUL POON PRESENTS – DO THE FRIGHT THING – VOLUME ONE
1. Oh! It’s Halloween – Desperately Obvious
2. Zombie Apocalypse – Daytime Soiree
3. Halloween 1985 – Scientific Maps
4. The Monster – Asa Morris
5. Superstition – Pete Pluto, Mr. Mcfeely & El Sciz
6. Ghost – Suzy Wong and the Honkeys
7. Satanic Lunch – Ghoul Poon
8. For Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Matthew Loiacono
9. Buried Alive – Mr. Mcfeely
10. Ghost Food – Firefighter Font
11. The Butcher – Sai u Drom
12. The Monster Song – Beware! the Other Head of Science
13. Around the Bend – Tobiaz
14. This Halloween – Contact Kiss
15. Witch’s Brew – Harry Pyle
16. Ghosts from Outerspace – Pinkriverdolphin
17. Mask Slips – GM
18. Halloween Show – Christopher Brown
19. Bad New for Barbara – Worlds of Shit
20. The Man Who Comes to Take You Home – Daniel Levine
21. Them – Jason Cosco
March 3, 2009
EPIC EPIC EPIC
FRIDAY, MARCH 13
UPSTATE ARTISTS GUILD. 247 LARK ST. ALBANY, NY
FREE. ALL AGES. 8:oo PM.
SEVERE SEVERE (albany, ny)
-the bastard sons of Ian Curtis.
HUMAN HOST (baltimore, md)
-Jim Morrison crunk freakout!!
GHOUL POON (saratoga springs, ny)
-death dance duo. suicide meets del the funkee homosapian.
COMA (albany, ny)
-formally known as Zahnarzt. Sounds like a nihilistic ghost trapped in the body of a friendly robot.
GRAB ASS COWBOYS (albany, ny)
-noise boys who like to P.A.R.T.Y.
awesome flier by Thomas (Coma):
on another note I’ve joined the band BIRTHDAYS (formally known as Tone Pony) with my ex A Fetish for Ethics band mate, Samuel.
enjoy some pics from sam brie:
June 14, 2008
What an epic night. first off the UPSTATE ARTISTS GUILD is the shit (Thurston Moore on June 26th!!). I surprised everyone tonight by releasing a new 7 track EP called “Nice New Shoes, Samurai!” as a free release. It consists mostly of the b-sides of tracks I’ve been working on for my LP, as well as a few live jams (Nude Babes + IYTN). Not sure if I’m going to make anymore of these, so if you got a copy.. enjoy.
First, THE CALL IT ANYTHING were awesome. Psych/prog with an awesome drummer.. they played two real tight jams (I want to say this was their first show?). It was friday the 13th so JASON COSCO rocked out with the visuals: Jason Voorhees on acid choppy clips.. awesome stuff.
I played next with the help of Chris Brown on synths and debuted a couple of actual songs. I played “First Date Spaghetti Dinner”, “Botanica” and “Foxy Pink” all off my LP I’m working on. The performance was alright aside from a few usual malfunctions.. we played through a weird amp which actual made us sound like a lofi, basement 80′s dance group.. so that was sweet.
GRAB ASS COWBOYS shredded it up next with their first performance in a few months. Christian rocked out with an Alesis HR-16 which definitely added to the sonic goodness.
Next up was my second time performing with BAD COSTUME. This was a truly epic performance. JASON JETTE of COMPLICATED SHIRT , Mike of ZAHNARZT, Kevin of BONE BARADE and a saxophonist joined us in a massive drone piece. My ears are still ringing.
And last WORLDS OF SHIT performed with Christian giving him a hand, but sadly I missed the performance.
All in all.. an amazing night in Albany for the 518 noise goons!