October 22, 2010
IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!! It gives me great pleasure to give to you “Ghoul Poon Presents DO THE FRIGHT THING VOLUME 3″!!! FREE DOWNLOAD
I received so many great submissions this year that I had to cut quite a few tracks. But fear not! There will be a BONUS EP for free download later tonight. The compilation features both Capital Region and national acts this year. Enjoy! Happy Halloween!
Ghoul Poon Presents Do the Fright Thing Vol. 3
1. Christopher Brown – Call Me Monster
2. Black Andy – Graverobber
3. The Strange Walls – There Was an Old Woman all Skin and Bone
4. Marlo Eggplant – Bleep Babble
5. Cacaw – Pazuzu
6. Ghoul Poon – No Tricks ’til the Wound’s Treated
7. Holy Sheet – Warewulf
8. 1983 – Lonely Ghosts
9. Kite Person – Bloodsport
10. EGP – Trails from the Crypt
11. Le Sphinxx – Red Light
12. Wild Orphan – Asleep with Her Death
13. Capital Air – Dead Flowers
14. Pinkriverdolphin – Skeleton Dance
15. Nursing Home Discoveries – The Hitchiker
16. Manburger Surgical – Dismal Phantasm (Edit)
17. Tobiaz – You Fear It
18. Zilmrah – Spooks in a Shadow (Edit)
19. William Hale – The Tall Harvest
20. Girls of Porn – NBA Jam
21. Catacombz – Gold Mold
22. Advaita – The Ballad of Sid Vicious
23. Human Host & American Folklore – Eye of Newt
24. Birthdays – I’ve Been Growin
25. Asamorris – Let the Leaves Fall
Cover art by Stefaine Demas
Here’s a music video for my single from the compilation
Ghoul Poon “No Tricks ’til the Wound’s Treated”
October 20, 2009
Two disc Halloween compilation released by Sub-Bombin artist Ghoul Poon. Consisting solely of musicians from the capitol region of New York!
GHOUL POON PRESENTS – DO THE FRIGHT THING – VOLUME TWO
1. WDIE FM (Intro) – Lofi Lobo
2. Theory of Witches – Machete
3. Sparkle Mag – Todd is New Each Moment
4. Voodoo – Oddy Gato
5. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
6. Heartless Vampire – Ghoul Poon
7. Apart at the Seams – Nursing Home Discoveries
8. Beautiful Funeral – Eraserheadz
9. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
10. Cut (Up Some Sheets) – Grady Stiles
11. Off With His Head – Barons in the Attic
12. American Lobotomy – Charlie Don’t Surf
13. I Go Out at Night – Black Andy
14. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
15. Head Crack – Pete Pluto and GM
16. Lights Off – The Boston Celtics
17. Touch the Sky – Tobiaz
18. Return of the Ghost – Asa Morris
19. WDIE FM (Interlude) – Lofi Lobo
20. Candybars and Razorblades – Oz Alone
21. Sarcoughagus – Skeletons in the Piano
22. Power Slut – Grab Ass Cowboys
23. Barnabas Collins – Motel
24. WDIE FM (Outro) – Lofi Lobo
GHOUL POON PRESENTS – DO THE FRIGHT THING – VOLUME ONE
1. Oh! It’s Halloween – Desperately Obvious
2. Zombie Apocalypse – Daytime Soiree
3. Halloween 1985 – Scientific Maps
4. The Monster – Asa Morris
5. Superstition – Pete Pluto, Mr. Mcfeely & El Sciz
6. Ghost – Suzy Wong and the Honkeys
7. Satanic Lunch – Ghoul Poon
8. For Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Matthew Loiacono
9. Buried Alive – Mr. Mcfeely
10. Ghost Food – Firefighter Font
11. The Butcher – Sai u Drom
12. The Monster Song – Beware! the Other Head of Science
13. Around the Bend – Tobiaz
14. This Halloween – Contact Kiss
15. Witch’s Brew – Harry Pyle
16. Ghosts from Outerspace – Pinkriverdolphin
17. Mask Slips – GM
18. Halloween Show – Christopher Brown
19. Bad New for Barbara – Worlds of Shit
20. The Man Who Comes to Take You Home – Daniel Levine
21. Them – Jason Cosco
October 23, 2008
Ghoul Poon Presents: Do the Fright Thing – Volume One
©2008 Sub-Bombin’ Records / Lofi Kabuki.
Compiled by Sub-Bombin’ artist Ghoul Poon, “Do the Fright Thing” is a Halloween themed compilation made up solely of musicians from the capitol district area of New York (Albany/ Saratoga Springs/ Glens Falls, etc) and features a wide variety of genres (punk, indie, electro, hip hop, noise and more). Enjoy guys and have a happy Halloween!!
1. Desperately Obvious – Oh! It’s Halloween
2. Daytime Soiree – Zombie Apocalypse
3. Scientific Maps – Halloween 1985
4. Asa Morris – The Monster
5. Pete Pluto, Mr. Mcfeely & El Sciz – Superstition*
6. Suzy Wong and the Honkeys – Ghost
7. Ghoul Poon – Satanic Lunch
8. Matthew Loiacono – For Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. Mr. Mcfeely – Buried Alive**
10. Firefighter Font – Ghost Food
11. Sai u Drom – The Butcher
12. Beware! the Other Head of Science – The Monster Song
13. Tobiaz - Around the Bend
14. Contact Kiss – This Halloween
15. Harry Pyle – Witch’s Brew
16. Pinkriverdolphin - Ghosts from Outerspace
17. GM - Mask Slips**
18. Christopher Brown – Halloween Show
19. Worlds of Shit – Bad New for Barbara
20. Daniel Levine – The Man Who Comes to Take You Home
21. Jason Cosco – Them
October 20, 2008
At times I had my doubts, but in the end everyone came through for the wonderful 518 Halloween compilation I’ve wanted to do for the past few years!! This baby has 20 tracks featuring A LOT of different local music. Artists included are: Desperately Obvious (Albany), Daytime Soiree (Saratoga Springs), Scientific Maps (Albany), Asa Morris (Glens Falls), Eraserheadz (Saratoga Springs/Cambridge), Suzy Wong and the Honkeys (Albany), Ghoul Poon (Saratoga Springs), Firefighter Font (Saratoga Springs), Sai u Drom (Saratoga Springs), Harry Pyle (Albany), Chris Brown (Saratoga Springs), Beware! the Other Head of Science (Albany), Tobiaz (Albany), Contact Kiss (Saratoga Springs), Pinkriverdolphin (Troy), Matthew Loiacono (Ballston Lake), GM & Khil (Albany), Worlds of Shit (Albany), Daniel Levine (Saratoga Springs) and Jason Cosco (Albany)!
The album and artwork will be available for free download @ http://www.sub-bombin.com on October 25th!
Seriously thanks again to everyone who helped me with this.. until next time..
On a different note I’m making my return to Hotshots tonight with the almost famous Charlie Everywhere. Special guests include Witness and Wake Up Electrified. I’ll be doing my usual death dance set with Chris Brown.
The October 9th UAG show was amazing.. Me and Asa cranked out a seriously noisy freakout. Grab Ass was too damn short, but GOTDAMN Boar & Make Believe Bombs fucking schooled us on the noise tip.
Enjoy a few shots courtesy of CBP & Dave Gunn..
September 26, 2008
Well shit.. fall is officially here. And the legal trouble that’s kept me in limbo since April has finally worked out. Halloween’s on it’s fucking way..
For those who attended the Noise night experiment at Hotshots, you know what went down. I just wanted to try it out because I love the guys at Hotshots, and I love their sound system. But, as one should’ve expected.. ambient electronics / harsh noise freak outs don’t mix well with Monday night football at a sports bar. Needless to say the night was extremely fun and historic until the next day. Close friends know the nightmare I’ve been going through and I’d like to apologize a million times to Hotshots for the awful shit that went down.
Shaking off the nightmare I opened for Severe Severe and Detroit’s Child Bite on Wednesday at Kings Tavern. AWESOME show.. AWFUL turn out. What’s the deal people? If Charlie Everywhere (not a shot at them, just YOU) isn’t playing you couldn’t give two shits? Despite the huge disappointment it was great to finally meet Severe Severe and build with them. I smell good things to come.
Next up for me, despite the crap I’ve dealt with I’ll still be playing with Grab Ass Cowboys and Worlds of Shit at the Upstate Artists Guild in Albany. Two touring bands from Iowa will be playing as well (Boar and Make Believe Bombs Blow Up Make Believe Worlds). As usual at the UAG this is a free show ($5 donations accepted for the touring bands) and starts at 9:00 PM. Will definitely be a fun one.
Last thing for you.. expect some new faces rocking out with me in Ghoul (I already debuted one at Hotshots). Also a possible shift in the official line up and the music I’ve been making. Exciting!
9/22 @ Hotshots
Exhalations of the Octopi
Grab Ass Cowboys
9/24 @ Kings Tavern
August 27, 2008
oh sweet summer 2008 you finally are coming to an end. i can’t tell you how ecstatic i am for this shit year to be past me, christ.
Mill Fest v.5 has come and gone, which means the summer is really over. I had a blast thanks to Math (bastards), Beware, Pandha Piranha, Sub-Bombin, Ear the Eye the Arm, Boston Celtics, William Hale and whomever else performed that I’ve forgot.
September’s coming and I’ve got lots of shows. Sadly the bill for the 15th has changed, Audibel and AIDS can’t make it, so I’ll be playing with Pandha Piranha and the wonderful Worlds of Shit. It’s gonna be a good one. Hopefully the Math show falls through, keep your toes crossed.
I’ve got two untitled new songs that will def make “Dog Buys Pistol“. However I’ve scrapped two more, so that leaves me in the same spot with nine songs. It’s coming, slowly but surely.
see you guys at Hotshots..
August 6, 2008
I go months sometimes without any shows lined up. suddenly they pile on top of each other. Last thursday I did a VS set with Jason Cosco and Adam Stump of Grab Ass Cowboys opening for the ridiculously awesome Hair Police. And I mean… honestly, thank god Thurston Moore played at the UAG.. the attendance at these noise shows has very noticeably been boosted. Century Plants and Rise Set Twilight did a VS set as well and Bone Parade put everyone in the mood before Hair Police exploded into horrible caveman goodness.
yesterday at the last minute I threw down a set at Hotshots (replacing the failed A Fetish for Ethics reunion), playing four songs off “Dog Buys Pistol” and closing with my devilish cover of Classics IV’s “Spooky”. Some got it, some didn’t.. I mean.. I was opening with psych death dance at a hip hop show. I Chris Brown has been shredding the crunchy synths to add to my death dance shows. Pete Pluto destroyed.. best 518 hip hop performer, hands down. I missed Witness and Oddy Gato.
I’ve got quite a few shows lined up. First (not quite official), word has it I’ll be opening for Mathematicians at Hotshots on Sept 1st. Also on the 15th at Hotshots I’ll be playing another show with Rochester’s Audibel and his metal band AIDS. On the 22nd (also at Hotshots) I’ll be doing a noise set with Jason Cosco and Jeff from If Yes, Then No.. opening for Pinkriverdolphin, Harry Pyle and more TBA. Finally, I’ll be playing October 9th at the UAG with a couple of noise bands from Iowa called BOAR and Make Believe Bombs Blow Up Make Believe Worlds. Also joining us will be, of course Grab Ass Cowboys and Worlds of Shit.
take that shit, smoke it and watch Pineapple Express this weekend fuckers! See you at the Mill Fest.
Ghoul Poon VS Jason Cosco VS Adam Stump = GRAB POON COWBOYS
7/31 @ UAG, Albany, NY
8/4 @ Hotshots, Glens Falls, NY
June 14, 2008
What an epic night. first off the UPSTATE ARTISTS GUILD is the shit (Thurston Moore on June 26th!!). I surprised everyone tonight by releasing a new 7 track EP called “Nice New Shoes, Samurai!” as a free release. It consists mostly of the b-sides of tracks I’ve been working on for my LP, as well as a few live jams (Nude Babes + IYTN). Not sure if I’m going to make anymore of these, so if you got a copy.. enjoy.
First, THE CALL IT ANYTHING were awesome. Psych/prog with an awesome drummer.. they played two real tight jams (I want to say this was their first show?). It was friday the 13th so JASON COSCO rocked out with the visuals: Jason Voorhees on acid choppy clips.. awesome stuff.
I played next with the help of Chris Brown on synths and debuted a couple of actual songs. I played “First Date Spaghetti Dinner”, “Botanica” and “Foxy Pink” all off my LP I’m working on. The performance was alright aside from a few usual malfunctions.. we played through a weird amp which actual made us sound like a lofi, basement 80′s dance group.. so that was sweet.
GRAB ASS COWBOYS shredded it up next with their first performance in a few months. Christian rocked out with an Alesis HR-16 which definitely added to the sonic goodness.
Next up was my second time performing with BAD COSTUME. This was a truly epic performance. JASON JETTE of COMPLICATED SHIRT , Mike of ZAHNARZT, Kevin of BONE BARADE and a saxophonist joined us in a massive drone piece. My ears are still ringing.
And last WORLDS OF SHIT performed with Christian giving him a hand, but sadly I missed the performance.
All in all.. an amazing night in Albany for the 518 noise goons!
June 6, 2008
Next friday Jason Cosco is throwing a great noise show at the Upstate Artists Guild in Albany, NY. The bill consists of BAD COSTUME, GRAB ASS COWBOYS, GHOUL POON, WORLDS OF SHIT and a psychedelic band called THE CALL IT ANYTHING. The show is $5.00, starts at 8:00 PM, and will also feature some great wall projections as the bands perform.
Also, last weekend, Troy Night Out was awesome. We filled the streets of Troy with some heavy sonic goodness.. expect some clips on youtube in the near future. Enjoy the pics..